Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nothing Like a Good Burger!

Lunch today satisfied my hamburger craving and appetite!
I used extra lean ground beef (93/7), which made 4 large patties.
Combine about 1 lb. ground beef with:
1 egg
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 T dried minced onion
1 T worcestershire sauce
Fresh ground pepper
Form into patties (they will seem slightly sticky)
BBQ or grill to your liking. I used lettuce leaves instead of hamburger buns, and added sliced tomato, sliced pickle, and onion. It was juicy and delicious as it was... I felt no need for condiments! I also served with sliced peaches to balance out this very hearty 4 block lunch. Honestly this felt like some decadent splurge... But, I felt I deserved this after taking on "The Chief" this morning! :) Enjoy!


3 comments:

Trixie said...

Hey Kelly! This looks great. Would it take about (4) peaches to balance this?

Kelly Greco said...

Well, my burger was about 3 1/2 oz, I had a couple extra slices tomato, so two peaches, sliced, would pretty much balance it out (or 1 c canned, unsweetened peaches). It's not super exact, but close enough! This was REALLY filling! I probably would have it for dinner instead next time. Thanks. :)

Trixie said...

Thanks Kelly:)


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central