Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry


This was pretty quick and tasty! A"Quick dinner" is, unfortunately, something that we find ourselves needing more often than not! Blah, blah blah... YOU all know! Life get's in the way of that perfect, always well balanced diet! So here is a recipe to fit our busy lifestyles... when we need quick and paleo!

2 C chicken breasts, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 tsp powdered ginger
1/4 C chicken broth (no salt)
1/2 C celery, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, sliced
1 carrot, sliced thin
1 T olive oil

Heat oil and saute the garlic and onion. Add chicken and cook until done. Add remaining ingredients, lower the temperature, and simmer until vegetables are tender (I put a lid on the pan at this point). Serves 4. I sprinkled the top with some paprika and black pepper for color! Enjoy.

Well, the sweet tooth hit again! So, I assessed my pantry and refrigerator for some sort of paleo dessert and this is what I came up with. I have to say, it did the trick! This is Paleo, not zone... (it's not balanced). Hope you like it!

1/2 C blueberries
1/4 C canned pineapple chunks (unsweetened, in their own juice)
1/4 C lowfat coconut milk
1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
2 macadamia nuts, crushed

Mix blueberries and pineapple together. Pour coconut milk over top, and top with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts! That's it. :)


* Hey! Two weeks into the challenge! How's everyone doing??? I've heard some AMAZING things so far! Anyone care to share? I would love to hear about it. Pounds lost? Performance PR's? What about difficulties or challenges? Now that you've dialed in for two weeks, it's time to pay attention to how you're feeling and performing. One of the reason's this is a 3 month challenge, and not a 2 week challenge, is that it takes awhile to get it all figured out... and tailored to your personal needs! Like Michele has said, "It's not an exact science (zone), we are all different". And I know you've heard this before: "this is a lifestyle, not a diet!" Post your thoughts! :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

well i was doing fantastic...fell off the last couple days...gotta remember that "after" photo :( I have been struggling with really low energy and flailing during my workouts so i know i gotta tweak it a bit. Also gotta remember LIFESTYLE not a diet...

caitlin said...

hahahahahaha....mr.zappy that's my husbands email...why it posted that way i dont know...it's caitlin..

Anonymous said...

Saxtons are hanging in there. NO cheats yet and we are both afraid to do so! We even made it through the fair last night! HA! Turns out the fair isn't quit the same when you don't want to eat a bunch of junk. Although the little piglets were so cute. Is it bad that I was thinking...mmmm pork chops and bacon? Other than that we feel great. Brian's bday is Sunday and it's been three weeks for us, but I think we are going to stay strong. We'll see!

Anonymous said...

Oh and one more thing.... it sucks to make cookies and muffins with the kids in your class and smell them cooking and NOT eat them. I didn't bite any of the children - thank goodness! Although - I think that's paleo....heehee

Amber said...

First two weeks went great, this last week I've been struggling with late night munchies. However, I did survive a 4 day trip to the midwest without a cheat. I mostly just filled up the fridge in the hotel room and microwaved stuff. I can't believe how much more energy I have in the afternoons!

neile said...

I've been feeling great lately. Switched to just Paleo and ditched the Zone part (thanks Rowena) and it has been pretty good. The afternoons at work are the hardest to get through, but so far so good. Had a cheat meal this morning of delicious orange poppyseed pancakes at Seabreeze! It was so wonderful and I was looking forward to it all week! And the best part of the whole thing was, when I was putting my name down, the woman who works there came up behind me and said "Should I hold some pancakes for you?" HHAHAHAH!! It was awesome.

I don't know if I've necessarily been getting better with the WODs, but I've found some kind of aloha in them and leave feeling really good! Just doing the best I can and being happy with that. I don't know if I can attribute that to Paleo, but something has changed and I like it!

Nice job everyone!! Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

I have not been totally strict with the diet, and I have been even worse at the logging. But my diet is better than before. Cut out the vast majority of dairy and processed carbs while upping the lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables. Still feels weird ordering a hamburger without the bun (when it is the closest I can get to paleo at a restaurant).

Not feeling much different, but that it probably due to my lack of strict adherence and my lack of getting to the gym.

Unknown said...

am i the only person who hasn't turned in a food log? i am so bad... i'm writing everything in a little notebook and i suppose i need to either switch to the official diet sheets or start making copies of my little journal... ok...boring tangent post...stopping now...

Blogger said...

Are You Having Trouble FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

Want to eat some tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Get your amazing Paleohacks Cookbook.

Blogger said...

3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central