Saturday, October 3, 2009

New York Strips on Friday Night

This was a nice way to celebrate the end of a hectic week... and a brutal week at CrossFit! (I am sore). I wanted to spoil myself, and put Friday's "Grannie" WOD behind me!
We grilled two 9oz New York strips very simply with just a little pinch of sea salt and ground pepper. These two strips fed our family of four... we just cut them in half. My 4oz portion was still a little high with the fat blocks, but oh so worth it! We enjoyed them with grilled asparagus, and a large side salad.

Zone info: 4 oz steak (fat trimmed), 6 spears asparagus, 2 C salad (with tomato, pepper, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts) and 4oz glass of pinot noir! = 5 blocks fat, 4 blocks protein, and 4 blocks carbs.

We grill a lot... But our grill is on the outs! Scott's shopping... Any recommendations?

Have a great weekend!

*Reminder: Zone/Paleo meeting THIS Sunday @ 12:30!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

webber grill...I have used the same one for 15 years now...I just change the grates and the flavorizor bars every other year or so! thanks for your site.

Anonymous said...

YUM!! Your Friday night is going to be my Sunday night. Your husband is the BEST grill master so let him splurge.

Anonymous said...

Kelly - Thanks to you and Michele for a great meeting today. You two are such an inspiration! xoxo


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central