Saturday, November 7, 2009

Shrimp and Zucchini

I was cooking for myself tonight, and really wanted simple, quick and little mess! I love shrimp... (it really is my favorite). It's a pretty perfect Paleo food choice, too. I buy the raw, tail-on frozen shrimp from Costco. It's already peeled and deveined. So it's super easy to just pull out exactly how many shrimp I want, thaw it really quick in some water, and cook a simple personal-sized meal (of course it's easy to cook larger portions, too).
For a 3 block meal, I grabbed 9 shrimp.
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp olive oil
1 T lemon grass herb blend (Gourmet Garden 4 oz tube, found in most produce departments)
curry powder
black pepper
3 small zucchini

Saute garlic in olive oil (at about med. high temp.) Add shrimp, cook until pink (cooks pretty quickly). Sprinkle with a little curry... not too much. Curry can be overpowering, for this dish I just wanted a hint. I sprinkled with black pepper, too. While I was cooking shrimp, I steamed the zucchini... not too long because I wanted it al dente. I added the zucchini with the shrimp, tossed together quickly, and served! That's it... 15 minutes and I was fed Paleo cuisine, full and happy! :-)
Enjoy and I hope you're having a great weekend!

**Zone-Paleo challenge meeting tomorrow... Sunday... 12:30. See you then!

2 comments:

Amber said...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Tuscan-Kale-Chips-351240

This is the link for the kale chips. Try them next time you're craving some of the potato variety.

neile said...

Kelly, this simple little single dinner looks awesome! Waaaay better than what I used to make for dinner -- popcorn, wine and if I'm really going for it... ice cream. Thanks for the excellent and easy dinner!


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central