Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baked Chicken With Artichoke Hearts & Tomatoes


My daughter helped me come up with tonight's dinner. We concocted, upon her requests, a chicken dish utilizing her favorite ingredients (artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and lemon). I'm not exaggerating when I say she loves those ingredients. She requested I pack sliced tomatoes in her school lunches! ...OH she makes me proud!!! My kids have become very accustomed to the term "Paleo" and quite often ask me, "what's our Paleo dinner for tonight, Mom?" I must say that I LOVE this! It is very rewarding to think about how the Paleo diet is not only benefitting me, my husband and our CrossFit endeavors, but benefitting our children and their long-term health as well! My daughter is even reading food labels! She's (almost) 14! It's an example of nutrition... a way of life... and NOT a diet. I'm very proud of my healthy little eaters, and LOVE having a new assistant recipe creator! This recipe is compliments of Molly. :-))

Ingredients:
14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained
1 lemon, juice from one lemon
3/4 C white wine
3/4 C cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 C fresh basil leaves, chopped
6 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, trimmed of visible fat AND slightly pounded
Sprinkle breasts (both sides) with:
Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a skillet with 1 T olive oil. Brown seasoned chicken breasts in olive oil. When golden brown, both sides, place place chicken breasts in baking dish. Surround chicken with artichoke hearts. Now, deglaze the saucepan with wine & lemon juice. Add tomatoes and basil. Pour sauce over chicken breasts and bake for about 20 minutes. We served this with some steamed zucchini. VERY good... and yielded lots of leftovers! Hope you enjoy! :-)

4 comments:

Becca said...

This looks super easy, so I must try it! I haven't been cooking much, but I plan to do more in the near future, especially BBQ on the grill.

QUick question/favor: Is there anyway for blogger or your blog to separate the recipes in categories (as well as chronological/date). For example, all pork recipes in one spot, all chicken in another, all side dishes, all BBQ on the grill, etc..???

Sometimes I only have chicken in the fridge, so it would be great to have all the chicken recipes together in one spot to choose from rather than scroll back month to month... Just a thought for MY convenience :)!

Thanks for all your great recipes. I really appreciate 'em!

Kelly Greco said...

Hi Becca! Thank you SO much for your input on the blog. I'm so glad it's been helpful to you! I recently changed some features on the blog. I've been "labeling" each recipe; chicken, pork, beef, etc...
I have also added a "search this blog" feature. So, I think if you type in what you want to search for, those recipes should come up. Give that a try. Hope that helps. :-))
I, too, hope we'll be barbecuing a lot! Soon! Come on summer weather!!!
Thanks Becca!

Laurie said...

Looks fantastic! I wish my 15 year old cared as much (she just thinks we're mean). This one is going to be made in our home soon.

Blogger said...

Are You Having Trouble FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

Do you want to munch on some delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Download your awesome Paleohacks Cookbook.


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central