Monday, August 2, 2010

Spicy Chicken & Bacon Poppers

These were absolutely heavenly! Thank you Neile and Miriam for this wonderful appetizer! The only thing better than enjoying delicious food, is enjoying it with good friends! This is "food for share!"... Find an excuse to make this and have some friends over! This recipe is taken from Mark's Daily Apple, and I consider it a "must make"... Hope you enjoy! I guarantee you'll like it better than 100m sprints!!! :-))

Recipe: (Makes 6-8 poppers) .... I suggest doubling!
1 large chicken breast
6-8 pickled or pepperoncinis
3-4 strips of bacon

Cut chicken breast into 1″ cubes. Marinate the chicken with salt and pepper, jerk seasoning or your favorite seasoning and oil. Slice open a pepperoncini and put a piece of chicken inside. Wrap 1/3 –1/2 of a piece of bacon around the chicken and secure each popper individually with toothpicks or spear multiple poppers on a skewer.

Over medium heat, grill the poppers until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crisp, about 8-10 minutes a side.

For a detailed description of the recipe (and pictures)... check out the link below:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/spicy-chicken-and-bacon-poppers/

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Ricky Joy said...

Ha! As I was reading this, I was actually in the process of eating some of these poppers! Actually, the ones I made used "Hot Cherry Peppers" (pickled from a jar) instead of the pepperoncinis. They're a little spicier, but I like that. Also, when I make them, I just cut the stem out and seed the peppers with a small spoon without splitting them down the side. I think they hold onto the chicken better that way.

Miriam said...

Ricky, good idea about not splitting the peppers. It was kind of a mess to make... but so worth it in the end. Also, I highly recommend making extra.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordyn said...

Appreciate this blog postt


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central