Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pork Chops and Apricots





Ack, I forgot the rosemary!!! Darn it... My whole goal was to create a pork chop dish combining some savory winter herbs with something sweet like apricots or cranberries. I was out of cranberries, but I had plenty of dried apricots. It turned out great and I didn't even realize I forgot the fresh rosemary until I sat down to write this post! I bet the rosemary would have made it awesome! I bet cranberries would be good, too. Hope you enjoy...

Recipe:
5-6 pork chops, trim the fat (optional).
1 T olive oil
1/2 C white wine
1/2 C pineapple juice
1/2 C dried apricots, minced (I used my mini food processor to get the apricots very finely minced)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
3 T Italian Parsley, fresh chopped
3 T Rosemary, fresh chopped *don't forget! :-)
freshly ground black pepper (be liberal)
pinch sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season pork chops with some salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add apricots and fresh herbs (rosemary and parsley). Saute for a few minutes and then add the wine and juice. Bring to a quick low boil and then immediately remove from heat. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until done. Yum...

No comments:


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central