Thursday, April 14, 2011

Salmon & Kale

Oh my Gosh... my family RAVED over this dinner and crowned me queen of the kitchen! :-D
I wore my crown proudly all evening! The truth is though... this was an easy dinner to make and really didn't involve a whole lot of talent (but we don't have to let them know that)... I like being "queen"... if only for an evening!

Recipes-

Sauteed Kale:
1 T olive oil
2 shallots, sliced
5-6 oz shiitake mushroom, whole
1 T sesame seeds
1 bunch kale, break up leaves, discard thick stems
2 T coconut aminos (non-soy seasoning sauce)

Salmon:
8-10 oz. salmon filet (serves 4)
1 T olive oil
Approximately 1 tsp. black pepper
Approximately 1 tsp. ground ginger
1 T sesame seeds
1/4 C coconut aminos

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a heavy skillet (I used a cast iron) heat olive oil. Season fish on both sides with ginger and black pepper. When olive oil is hot, quickly brown salmon... about 3-5 minutes on each side (until nicely browned). Pour coconut aminos over salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place entire skillet in oven for 10 minutes.

While salmon is baking, in another skillet, heat olive oil and saute shallots until they start to caramelize. Add shiitake mushrooms, and stir in sesame seeds and coconut aminos. Add kale and mix well. Cook until kale becomes tender. The salmon and kale should be ready about the same time! Serve together on a plate... and become queen (or king) of the kitchen! :-) Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm... looks tasty. Kale always intimidates me.


CrossFit Santa Cruz Central